How To Qualify


Monday through Friday  9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

We start financial processing at 8:30 a.m. on a “first come, first served” basis and again at 12:30 p.m. on a “first come, first served” basis.  For other assistance and agency administration offices, we open at 9:00 a.m.

Requests for medical assistance are processed on Wednesdays and Fridays.  Processing begins at 8:30 a.m. on a “first come, first served” basis and again at 12:30 p.m. on a “first come, first served” basis.

Thursday Evening 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. with priority given to people who work during the day and are unable to come in during the daytime hours.

Please be prepared to wait.  We appreciate your patience.

You do not need to make an appointment.

  • Assistance is provided on a “first come, first served” basis.  If we have more clients that we can help on one day, you might be asked to return.
  • We are also open on Thursday evenings for those who work during the day and cannot come during the daytime hours.  We are closed from 4:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., re-opening at 4:30 p.m.

If you do not have necessary documents, you may be asked to return




You must bring all documents listed below in order to get help. 

PLEASE NOTE:  For FOOD ONLY, you do not need to provide documentation.

Identification for All the People Living in Your Home

  • Picture IDs for all adults 18 years +
  • IDs for All Children (under 18)  Does not need to be a picture ID. Can be: Birth certificate, baptismal certificate, school enrollment, school ID, report card, Medicaid card, library card, CHIP card, shot records, etc.

Proof of Income for All the People in the Home (30 Days of Income)

  • Pay Stubs (for all workers in the home; must be most recent pay stub)
  • Child Support Letter
  • Social Security or Disability
  • Retirement or Pension
  • Unemployment
  • ANY other income
  • If you get paid cash, you will be provided a TCP Employment Verification form you must return.

Proof of Crisis (These are examples)

  • Notice of job loss
  • Decrease in Work
  • Hours (pay stubs)
  • Medical or Hospital Bills (receipts of paid bills)
  • Car Repairs (receipt of paid repairs costs)
  • Any other crisis

Proof of Any Government or Other Benefits (most recent)

  • Medicare/Medicaid
  • TANF (temporary assistance for needy families)
  • Food Stamps Letter (SNAP – supplemental nutrition assistance program)
  • Support from other groups

Monthly Expenses  (Most Recent Info)

  • Rent or Mortgage
  • Utilities (electric, gas, water)
  • Child Support
  • Child care costs
  • Credit Cards
  • Pay Day/Title loans
  • Other loans

Proof of Residence (Current, not expired)

  • Rental Contract (if you rent your home) OR
  • Mortgage Statement or tax information (if you own your home) OR
  • Proof of Residence form provided to you by The Caring Place.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *