How To Qualify
CLIENT SERVICES HOURS
Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Thursday Evening (For help with rent, utilities or medical ONLY) 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Please be prepared – you may have to wait 1 to 2 hours. We appreciate your patience.
You do not need to make an appointment
- To get help in the morning, please sign-in 9:00 – 10:00 a.m.
- To get help in the afternoon, please sign-in 12:30 – 2:00 p.m.
- We will also open Thursday evenings for those who work and cannot come during the day. This will be for financial help only (no food, clothing or gas cards). Please sign in by 6:00 p.m. to be seen on Thursday evening. (closed 4:00 -5:00 pm)
- If we have more clients than we can help on one day, you might be asked to return the next day. If you do not have all your documents, you might also be asked to return.
You must bring all documents listed below in order to get help.
Identification for All the People Living in Your Home
- Picture IDs for all adults 18 years +
- IDs for All Children (under 18) Does not need to be a picture ID. Can be: Birth certificate, baptismal certificate, school enrollment, school ID, report card, Medicaid card, library card, CHIP card, shot records, etc.
Proof of Income for All the People in the Home(30 Days of Income)
- Pay Stubs (for all workers in the home)
- Child Support Letter
- Social Security or Disability
- Retirement or Pension
- ANY other income
- If you get paid cash, you will be provided a TCP Employment Verification form you must return.
Proof of Crisis (These are examples)
- Notice of job loss
- Decrease in Work
- Hours (pay stubs)
- Medical or Hospital Bills
- Car Repairs (receipt of repairs)
- Any other crisis
Proof of Any Government or Other Benefits (most recent)
- TANF (temporary assistance for needy families)
- Food Stamps Letter (SNAP – supplemental nutrition assistance program)
- Support from other groups
Monthly Expenses (Most Recent Info)
- Rent or Mortgage
- Utilities (electric, gas, water)
- Child Support
- Credit Cards
- Pay Day/Title loans
- Other loans
Proof of Residence (Current, not expired)
- Rental Contract (if you rent your home) OR
- Mortgage Statement or tax information (if you own your home) OR
- Proof of Residence form provided to you by The Caring Place.
- Adults living in the home that are not listed on the lease or mortgage, must show a bill or official document in their name that is mailed to this address