How to Donate My Stuff!*
We take Donations
12:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M.
Afternoon hours are back!
*This excludes inclement weather closures and holidays
DROP-OFF PROCEDURES ON DONATION DAYS:
- Bring approved items in a box or bag.
- Our staff will unload your vehicle
- Practice Social Distancing.
- Approved items can be found on our blue Donation Guidelines sheet found on this page.
FURNITURE DONATION REMINDERS (for scheduled furniture pick ups):
- Furniture must be in good, salable condition.
- We can’t accept furniture on the blue Donation Guidelines page.
- We reserve the right to say no to items.
The blue Donation Guidelines page on the site includes the items we do not take for a variety of reasons, including safety and disposal costs. You can download that list below.
Thank you for understanding that there are items we do not take as donations. This allows us to best use our resources and be good stewards of the items and funds that are given to us. There is a time expense and financial cost associated with each item we can not sell. We would much rather all proceeds from our stores go to supporting this mission to help those in need rather than disposal or repair fees. Click the red text to download the full list.
How to Schedule a Furniture Pick Up
How: Call 512-943-0711 and leave a message with the following info:
- First and Last Name
- Phone number
- Name the furniture item/s
- Staff will schedule a pickup time with you based on our mutual availability.
Things to know before making your appointment:
- We only pick up items in our Furniture Pick Up Service Area. Please view the map below for a rough look at the area. It has recently expanded, so please be patient as we navigate those perimeters.
- Upon arrival, TCP staff will properly identify themselves and proceed to pick up items in a responsible way.
- TCP staff will make every effort to arrive for the scheduled pickup on time. Please remain available until your item is picked up.
- In the event of a necessary change or cancellation, TCP will contact the donor via phone to communicate the change and reschedule.
- To cancel or reschedule call 512-943-0711 and begin the process again.
- Items will not be accepted that are visibly damaged or not in working condition. This will be determined at the discretion of TCP drivers. To avoid this, please review the accepted Furniture donation list and be sure items are clean and in good condition for selling.
Furniture Pick-Up Map
Please call to schedule and confirm the pick-up of your clean, quality furniture item to benefit The Caring Place mission! This map illustrates a rough look at our area. Please direct questions about the area to our Donations Manager, especially if you are located near the borders of this map.
Thank you for thinking of The Caring Place. Your donations help support The Caring Place's mission to provide for the basic human needs of all people in our community in a welcoming, respectful and caring way. Questions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 512-943-0711.
Please follow us on Facebook @thecaringplace for the latest information or activity changes at the organization. You can also sign up for the organization’s electronic newsletter at www.caringplacetx.org/newsletter.