In response to the post holiday COVID-19 cases in Williamson County, as well as the safety and well-being of all who come to The Caring Place, we are announcing the temporary closure of The Caring Place’s two thrift stores December 24th through January 9th. Current plans allow stores to resume operating hours beginning Monday, January 11th. No volunteers will report to The Caring Place during this time to reduce potential exposure or spread of COVID-19.
The following departments and services will be closed December 24th - 27th for the Christmas holiday and will resume currently scheduled hours on December 28th. They will close again on January 1st for New Year’s Day. Regular hours, excluding scheduled holiday closures, are as follows for all other departments:
- Programs & Services at 2001 Railroad Avenue is providing financial assistance from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. by phone only. Call 512-943-0700 or visit caringplacetx.org/covid19 for more information.
- The Food Pantry at 2000 Railroad is providing food on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. in the drive through.
- Fresh Food for Families is providing fresh food in the 2000 Railroad drive through on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Monday of the month from 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Item Donations are accepted in the 2000 Railroad drive through on the 2nd and 4th Monday of the month from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Furniture pick ups are Wednesdays and Fridays. Please call 512-943-0711 to schedule an appointment or visit caringplacetx.org/donatemystuff for additional information.
Executive Director Ginna O’Connor shares, “The Caring Place will err on the side of caution after the Christmas and New Year holiday this year. Since March, our priority has been to steadfastly provide food and financial services to our community in need. We have repeatedly taken steps to ensure our help in the community does not stop. Our decision to temporarily close our stores again ensures the continuation of The Caring Place mission.”
O’Connor continues to share gratitude on behalf of The Caring Place, “We want to thank our community for its support during this time. Because of a generous and understanding community, we are making decisions that allow us to put all of our focus on our mission to help those feeling a great burden. We thank you for your encouragement and patience again as we all look forward to seeing a happy and healthy new year.”
Thrift store hours will proceed as currently published on Monday, January 11th, 2020.
Those hours are as follows:
- The Shops at The Caring Place will be open Mon-Sat, 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Second Helping at 3700 Williams will be open Tues-Sat, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The Caring Place requests that the community follow it on Facebook @thecaringplace for the latest information or activity changes at the organization. You can also sign up for the organization’s electronic newsletter at www.caringplacetx.org/newsletter.
ABOUT THE CARING PLACE
Since 1985, The Caring Place has provided for the basic human needs of all people in our community in a welcoming, respectful and caring way. The Caring Place is a community-based and community-supported organization. For more information on The Caring Place, visit www.caringplacetx.org.