The Caring Place Programs and Services and The Shops at The Caring Place will be open beginning on Monday, June 1st in a new, modified format. The Caring Place is still operating without its many volunteers and utilizing various safety precautions. For this reason, here are the details the community needs to know before arriving at The Caring Place:
Programs & Services via telephone:
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Services: Financial Assistance will be limited to rent, mortgage, utilities and emergency dental and prescription assistance. All financial assistance will be handled remotely. Please call 512-943-0709 and leave a message regarding your need and someone will contact you within 48 business hours with the next steps. Please do not arrive at The Caring Place office unless instructed by staff.
The Shops at The Caring Place at 2000 Railroad Avenue:
Hours: Monday - Friday, 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Things to Know:
- Public restrooms and dressing rooms are not available at this time.
- Customers and Staff are required to wear masks.
- Hand sanitizer is available and encouraged upon entry.
- Practice social distancing and stay 6 feet apart.
- Children 12 and under must stay with an adult at all times.
- Second Helping at 3700 Williams Drive is not open yet.
- The Donations department can only receive limited items on scheduled days. Future dates and hours will be announced at www.caringplacetx.org/covid19.
Reminder about available food programs: Current food programs are open to neighbors in need, including those who may be in a high-risk health category. If you have questions about services at The Caring Place, please call 512-943-0700.
- Drive through food distribution is on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- If you walk to The Caring Place, you may receive food at our north gate.
- Fresh Food for Families remains on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Monday from 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.If you walk to The Caring Place, you may receive produce at our north gate.
Both food programs operate out of the 2000 Railroad Avenue drive though. The Caring Place practices social distancing, and you will not need to exit your vehicle during food distribution.
Executive Director Ginna O’Connor shares, “We are eager to fully reopen our services, stores and donations. However, it's something we want to do with as much care as possible for our staff, volunteers and community. The safety of everyone is critical. The Caring Place’s priority is to steadfastly assist those in need throughout this pandemic, and we can't do that without healthy staff. Therefore, we are taking a phased approach to opening. We expect to keep learning as we cautiously reopen our Programs and Services and thrift store. We greatly appreciate the community’s understanding as we share new procedures to ensure everyone’s safety.”
Be on the lookout in the weeks to come for additional information regarding our programs, services and stores. Updates can be found at www.caringplacetx.org/covid19 or on Facebook.
ABOUT THE CARING PLACE
Since 1985, The Caring Place has provided for the basic human needs of all people in our community in a welcoming, respectful and caring way. Through two thrift stores, The Shops at The Caring Place and Second Helping, both in Georgetown, the organization is able to pay all operating expenses to serve a growing community. All monetary and food donations directly benefit neighbors needing assistance with food, utility, rent, transportation or medical assistance. The Caring Place is a community-based and community-supported organization. For more information on The Caring Place, visit www.caringplacetx.org.