Retail Associate (Full-Time)
The Retail Sales Associate is responsible for supporting the Store Manager and Assistant Store Managers in all areas including effectively and appropriately responding to volunteer and customer concerns in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Embrace The Caring Place Mission: to provide for the basic human needs of all people in our community in a welcoming, respectful and caring way;
- Exemplify I am CARING Values: Integrity, Caring, Accountable, Respectful, Inclusive, Neighborly, and Grateful;
- Support the Store and Assistant Store Manager in all operations and step in to fill voids when needed;
- Cashiering, Pricing, Sorting, and Merchandising of Hard and Soft line inventory;
- When directed, prepare daily Store Report and bank deposit;
- Ensure volunteers have the supplies required for their tasks and supervise or train as needed;
- Work collaboratively with staff of varying disciplines;
- Maintain a positive environment with staff and volunteers
- Solve problems and answer questions
- Manage concerns and issues
- Provide excellent customer service internally and externally
The preferred candidate has the following education, experience, and expertise:
- High school diploma/GED;
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a retail environment;
- Possess a clean driving record with the ability to drive an agency truck;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Effective conflict resolution skills by diffusing conflict;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Computer skills required, with working knowledge of point-of-sale, Microsoft Excel,
and Word programs desired;
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
Work Conditions: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Exhibit a positive and calm demeanor at all times;
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time;
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling, and pushing;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs with assistance;
- Availability to work flexible hours, including Saturdays.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive comprehensive compensation package;
- Health benefits;
- Paid Time Off;
- Retirement savings program with a workplace match;
- Caring and positive workplace;
- Being part of a non-profit organization working to provide for the basic needs of all neighbors in our community.
This position is classified as non-exempt under the Federal Wage and Hour Laws. It is full-time, 40-hour per week position. The Caring Place is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in this position, we encourage you to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you would be a good addition to our team! Our HR manager will send you an application or answer any questions you might have. If you are excited about working with this mission-driven organization, we can’t wait to meet you!