Assistant Retail Manager (Full-Time)
This full-time, non-exempt position supports the Caring Place mission by providing leadership within its retail operations, the primary source of revenue. The Assistant Retail Manager supports all aspects involved in the seamless function of our thrift stores and reports to the Retail Operations Director. This position must be prepared to provide support where needed at either store location to ensure continuity of leadership and customer service. Here are some skills you might have to be a great fit for this position:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Embrace The Caring Place Mission: to provide for the basic human needs of all people in our community in a welcoming, respectful and caring way;
- Exemplify I am CARING Values: Integrity, Caring, Accountable, Respectful, Inclusive, Neighborly, and Grateful;
- Communicate clearly and positively with staff, volunteers and customers in a timely manner;
- Problem solve, answer questions, manage concerns while still maintaining great customer service skills;
- Supervise activities of staff and volunteers as appropriate;
- Assume position of the Retail Manager as needed;
- Work collaboratively with staff and volunteers;
- Function productively as an individual and part of a team;
- Delegate responsibilities as appropriate to support the work of volunteers and staff;
- Maintain emotional and professional maturity within the team;
- Store opening/closing procedures when assigned;
- Prepare change bags
- Open point-of-sale stations
- Make sure cashiers have adequate supplies
- Prepare store report and bank deposit when directed
- Assist with merchandising, cashiering, sorting, pricing and maintaining general clean presence of the store;
- Provide training to staff and volunteers on policies and procedures;
- Organize and manage large and small projects;
- Multi-task in a fast-paced retail environment;
- Create or request signage as needed;
- Ensure client vouchers are handles appropriately;
- Prioritize workload while staying flexible.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 2 years of retail customer service experience;
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience preferred;
- Possess a clean driving record with the ability to drive an agency truck;
- Experience working with volunteers preferred;
- Experience working with individuals and communities of diverse cultures;
- Experience handling money, creating daily reports;
- Computer skills required, knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of vintage, antiques, collectibles and other merchandise is an asset;
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish).
Work Conditions: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Exhibit a positive and calm demeanor at all times;
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours);
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing;
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs with assistance;
- Availability to work flexible hours and days, including Saturdays.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive comprehensive compensation package;
- Health benefits;
- Paid Time Off;
- Retirement savings program with a workplace match;
- Caring and positive workplace;
- Being part of a non-profit organization working to provide for the basic needs of all neighbors in our community.
This position is classified as non-exempt under the Federal Wage and Hour Laws. It is full-time, 40-hour per week position. The Caring Place is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in this position, we encourage you to email us at email@example.com and tell us why you would be a good addition to our team! Our HR manager will send you an application or answer any questions you might have. If you are excited about working with this mission-driven organization, we can’t wait to meet you!