To receive services for the following programs, families must live in our service area of Georgetown and Northern Williamson County. You must complete an application, be able to provide documentation for all family members in your household and provide required documentation. Eligibility for all services is based on proof of crisis and need. Unless noted, appointments are not needed.
EMERGENCY FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Direct financial assistance is available to families with a crisis-related need in the area of rent, transportation, utilities and certain medical procedures and prescriptions. Families are eligible to receive direct financial assistance with annual maximum financial limitations.
With proper documentation, we can help with:
- Rental Assistance/Eviction Prevention
- Utility assistance
- Transportation Needs (car repairs, gasoline)
- Temporary Shelter (very restricted)
- Medical Services (assistance with prescriptions, medical devices, dental, eye glasses, etc.)
This assistance is available to individuals and families with a crisis-related need. Assistance includes clothing and limited housewares which are provided through our thrift store, The Shops at The Caring Place.
This program is available to individuals or families with a crisis-related need. Assistance includes minor home repair and upgrades, particularly in the areas of handicapped accessibility.
- A separate RE-BUILD application is required.
- An appointment is needed to begin the application process for this program.
- You must own or be purchasing the home that needs repairs.
- Assistance is available only if no other resources are available to the family.
- Caring Place volunteers will come to your home to perform an assessment of the requested work to be done.
The Benefit Bank of Texas TBB-TX is an online, web-based program designed to simplify and centralize the process of applying for state and federal benefits for low- and moderate- income individuals and families in places where they live, learn, work, play, and pray. Caring Place volunteers can assist clients in determining their eligibility for 6 state and federal benefits programs and tax credits, including: SNAP, FAFSA, Veteran’s Education & Training, Medicaid, CHIP, TANF, as well as Earned Income and Additional Child Tax Credits.
ONE-TIME EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE
This offering provides non-financial assistance for families passing through our area and who need assistance in reaching their destination. Types of assistance can include a gasoline card and “ready-to-eat” food from the pantry.
In addition to assisting area families with their immediate physical needs, The Caring Place can also assist interested individuals and families with their spiritual needs.
Volunteer spiritual caregivers, representing the faith community in Georgetown, are available to assist families in the following ways:
- Provide active listening and encouragement regarding spiritual aspects of their life.
- Offer spiritual support to all, regardless of their faith background or lifestyle.
- Refers families to spiritual resources upon request.
If you are interested, please ask the Receptionist or assigned case worker, or call 943-0700.
How to Get Help
Just come during our office hours and bring documentation to:
The Caring Place, 2000 Railroad Street, Georgetown, Texas Directions
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Thursdays 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. for financial assistance only (closed 4:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M.)
No appointment needed except for the Rebuild Program. Please sign in by 10:00 a.m. to be seen in the mornings, by 2:00 p.m. to be seen in the afternoons, and by 6:00 p.m. on Thursday evenings.