Your Donations At Work
With your help in 2012…
- The Caring Place provided over 358 tons of food through our five different feeding programs. This equates to 596,618 meals.
- The Food Pantry alone provided 199 tons of food (332,000 meals) to 4,905 families comprised of 13,822 individuals, valued at $420,564. Each emergency food order weighs about 30 pounds and is valued at almost $35 per person. This will provide the equivelent of 7 days worth of food for each person in the family.
- $173,304 was spent by The Caring Place to pay rent or mortgage payments for 597 families to avoid foreclosure or eviction.
- $125,294 was paid by The Caring Place for utility bills for 559 families so their service was not disconnected. $18,557 of these funds came from the Georgetown Good Neighbor Fund.
- $103,454 in vouchers were provided to 3,377 individuals needing clothing or household items, which they redeemed in our thrift Store, The Shops at The Caring Place.
- 538 people from231 families received medical care, prescriptions or assistive medical devices valued at $32,365.
- Fresh Food For Families provided 89 tons of food (149,247 meals) for hungry families.
- 1,202 children received coats through our Coats for Kids program, valued at $24,040.
- An average of 125 seniors age 55 and over receive food monthly through HOPE (Healthy Options Program for the Elderly) which provides a supplemental food order to help them meet nutritional requirements. 13 tons of food was given out through HOPE; this equates to 22,150 meals.
- Our Daily Bread is provided bacause of the dedication of our volunteer drivers and through the generosity of the Georgetown HEB Stores. In 2012, we were able to distribute over 56 tons of “day old” bakery products.
- Our Holiday Meal Gift Card Program provided 643 families with gift cards to purchase their holiday meal at H-E-B, valued at $24,120.