Your Donations At Work
With your help in 2014…
- The Caring Place provided over 803,204 pounds of food to area families through our feeding programs. Utilizing the conversion formula provided by the Capital Area Food Bank in Austin of 1.2 pounds of food equaling one meal, The Caring Place provided 669,337 meals to area families in 2014.
- The Food Pantry alone provided 501,720 pounds of food to 16,724 individuals. Each emergency food order is valued at almost $40 per person. This will provide the equivalent of 7 days’ worth of food for each person in the family.
- $296,315 was spent by The Caring Place to pay rent or mortgage payments for 1,858 individuals to avoid foreclosure or eviction.
- $281,246 was paid by The Caring Place for utility bills for 3,045 people so that their service was not disconnected. A portion of these funds came from the Georgetown Good Neighbor Fund.
- $132,213 in vouchers were provided to 3,617 individuals needing clothing or household items, which they redeemed in our thrift Store, The Shops at The Caring Place.
- 537 people received resources for medical assistance valued at $56,081.
- Fresh Food For Families provided 185,487 pounds of fresh produce impacting 22,142 hungry people.
- 1,764 children received coats through our Coats for Kids program, valued at $34,086.
- 429 seniors, age 55 and over, received supplemental groceries once a month through HOPE (Healthy Options Program for the Elderly) which provides a supplemental food order to help them meet nutritional requirements. 31,247 pounds of food was given out through HOPE.
- Our Daily Bread is provided because of the dedication of our volunteer drivers and through the generosity of the Georgetown HEB and Walmart Stores.
- Our Holiday Meal Gift Card Program aided 3,072 people by providing families with gift cards to purchase their holiday meal at H-E-B, valued at $30,171.