To receive services for the following programs, families must live in our service area of Georgetown and Northern Williamson County, unless otherwise noted. You must complete an application, be able to provide documentation for all family members in your household and provide required documentation. Eligibility for all services is based on proof of crisis and need. Unless noted, appointments are not needed.
The Caring Place Food Pantry
This assistance is available to individuals and families with a crisis-related need. Qualifying families may receive a seven day emergency food order, consisting of about 30 pounds of food per person in the household, and valued at approximately $40 per person.
- Qualifying families can receive one food order each 30 days with documentation of continued crisis.
- The pantry hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm. No entry after 3:30 p.m.
Day-old pastries and bread are donated daily from HEB and Starbucks, and delivered to The Caring Place by our dedicated volunteers.
- One bread item and one pastry item are available to a family each day.
- This is a community program and you do not have to be a qualified to receive bakery items.
- Items are available on a first come-first served basis beginning each day at 9 a.m.
Fresh Food For Families
Through our partnership with the Capital Area Food Bank (CAFB) in Austin, fresh fruits and vegetables are provided to The Caring Place at no cost.
- Distribution to area families are on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Mondays of the month.
- This is a community program and you do not have to be a qualified to receive fresh items.
- The distribution is a drive-through and begins at 9:00 a.m.
- The variety of fruit and produce varies with season and availability.
HOPE (Healthy Option Program for the Elderly)
Through our partnership with the Capital Area Food Bank (CAFB) in Austin, this program provides a food order once per month to individuals age 55 and over at no cost.
- You do not have to be a Caring Place client to participate in HOPE but a separate HOPE application is required to be renewed annually.
- No appointment is needed.
- Proof of age and income is required.
- Delivery is available for those who are homebound.
- The distribution is provided on the 2nd Tuesday at The Caring Place from 9 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
HOPE bags are nutritional, supplemental non-perishable groceries for seniors.