Warehouse Team Member
A Warehouse Team Member is an entry-level position offering training, support and a team atmosphere. This individual will work in the warehouse, assisting with the acceptance and movement of item donations and food. They will provide assistance throughout the entire facility as needed. Here are some skills you might have to be a great fit for this position:
- We need someone with an understanding of The Caring Place’s “I am CARING” values. Internally and externally, everyone is your best customer;
- This Team Member will be able to communicate in a clear and positive way;
- Being bilingual is an asset. (Spanish)
- The title of this position says it all. You’ll be a “Team Member,” using all your teamwork skills to get the job at hand done. Sometimes that means taking initiative and being a creative thinker with your team in a warehouse setting;
- Beyond the Warehouse, you will be a part of The Caring Place team. We are all working to provide for the basic human needs of all people in our community in a welcoming, respectful and caring way. You might be called upon to assist in any area of the organization from the warehouse; to the Food Pantry; to the stores;
- You will be a co-creator of the positive culture of The Caring Place. Together, we are cultivating an amazing workplace experience together.
- We can teach the right candidate, and we love meeting folks willing to learn!
Warehouse Skills and Work Description:
- Work carefully and with attention to detail in a warehouse setting;
- Stand or walk long periods of time;
- Work outdoors;
- Diversity in job tasks from day to day;
- Lift and transport items weighing up to 100 pounds;
- Willingness to be forklift certified and willingness to drive organization’s truck;
- Have a Texas Class C driver’s license and a clean driving record;
- Have Saturday availability.
What’s in it for you?
- Full-time work with a starting pay range of $13-$13.50 an hour, D.O.E.
- Training opportunities related to this position;
- Health, dental and vision insurance at 90% workplace covered for the employee;
- Paid Time Off;
- Retirement savings program with a workplace match;
If you are interested in this position, we encourage you to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you would be a good addition to our team! Our HR manager will send you an application or answer any questions you might have. If you are excited about working with this mission-driven organization, we can’t wait to meet you!