Retail Associate (Part-Time)
The Caring Place has an immediate opening for a part-time Retail Associate at our Second Helping location at 3700 Williams Drive who has the capability of loading/unloading furniture and driving our agency truck to provide item transport.
- Understand The Caring Place’s “I am CARING” values. Internally and externally, everyone is your best customer, and you know how to show it;
- Memorize the TCP mission statement and commit to the I am Caring Values;
- Support the Retail Manager in all operations;
- Drive the company vehicle, deliver, unload, and stock heavy merchandise;
- Inventory responsibility;
- Heavy lifting and loading/unloading merchandise
- Stocking and arranging merchandise
- Effectively interact with customers, volunteers and staff;
- Load purchased merchandise into customer vehicles as needed or requested
- Solve problems and answer questions
- Manage concerns and issues
- Provide excellent customer service
- Effective resolution skills by diffusing conflict
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff of varying disciplines
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver’s license with a clear driving record is required;
- High school diploma/GED required;
- Minimum 1 years of professional work experience in a retail environment.
Work Conditions: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Exhibit positive and calm demeanor at all times;
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time;
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing;
- Ability to periodically climb and stand on a ladder;
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs with assistance is required;
- Ability to work in and be exposed to various temperature shifts and conditions;
- Ability to drive agency truck;
- Availability to work flexible hours, including Saturdays.
What’s in it for you?
- Paid Time Off;
- Caring and positive workplace;
- Being part of a non-profit organization working to provide for the basic needs of all neighbors in our community.
This position is classified as non-exempt under the Federal Wage and Hour Laws. This is a part-time position of 20-25 hours a week. To apply for this position, please email your interest to email@example.com or call 512-943-0743. The Caring Place is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in this position, we encourage you to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you would be a good addition to our team! Our HR manager will send you an application or answer any questions you might have. If you are excited about working with this mission-driven organization, we can’t wait to meet you!