Food Programs Assistant (Full-Time)
The Food Programs Assistant supports the efforts of the food and warehouse staff in all areas of food donations and distribution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Embrace The Caring Place Mission: to provide for the basic human needs of all people in our community in a welcoming, respectful and caring way;
- Exemplify I am CARING Values: Integrity, Caring, Accountable, Respectful, Inclusive, Neighborly, and Grateful;
- Provide ongoing assistance with the processing and managing of the Food Programs and Warehouse;
- Ensure consistency in weighing food, documenting accurately, sorting and staging;
- Assist with stocking and organizing Food Pantry;
- Oversee work groups processing food donations;
- Maintain good organization in the Food Warehouse;
- Assist with food distribution events as directed;
- Provide assistance and perform other duties as assigned to support the donations and store operations.
The preferred candidate has the following education, experience, and expertise:
- High school diploma/GED;
- Minimum one year of professional work experience (food pantry/warehouse preferred);
- Ability to drive agency box truck;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to work closely with volunteers, neighbors, and staff in a professional, friendly, and non-judgmental manner;
- Possess a clean driving record with the ability to drive an agency truck;
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
Work Conditions: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Exhibit a positive and calm demeanor at all times;
- Ability to work in varying weather conditions and stand for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours);
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling, and pushing;
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted and up to 100 lbs. with assistance;
- Scheduled hours are Mon–Fri, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. (Schedule is subject to change to meet business needs; it could include Saturdays in the future.)
What’s in it for you?
- Starting pay of $15/hr;
- Competitive comprehensive compensation package;
- Health benefits;
- Paid Time Off;
- Retirement savings program with a workplace match;
- Caring and positive workplace;
- Being part of a non-profit organization working to provide for the basic needs of all neighbors in our community.
This position is classified as non-exempt under the Federal Wage and Hour Laws. It is a full-time, 40-hour-per-week position. The Caring Place is an equal-opportunity employer. If you are interested in this position, we encourage you to email us at email@example.com and tell us why you would be a good addition to our team! Our HR manager will send you an application or answer any questions you might have. If you are excited about working with this mission-driven organization, we can’t wait to meet you!