Food Pantry Intake Specialist
The Food Pantry Intake Specialist is responsible for enrolling individuals and families in need into the Food Pantry Program. This position also supports the Food Pantry team, as needed, in the preparations for and distribution of food. The Food Pantry Intake Specialist will provide client-centered services in a professional manner. Here are some qualifications you will have to be a great fit for this position:
- An understanding of The Caring Place’s “I am CARING” values. Internally and externally, everyone is your best customer;
- Experience working and communicating with diverse populations and cultures;
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish. (Preferred)
- You will be a co-creator of the positive culture of The Caring Place. We are cultivating an amazing workplace experience together.
- As a member of The Caring Place team, you will assist with Food Pantry and Food warehouse duties, and Programs & Services assignments as needed;
- Adhere to The Caring Place policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalency plus two years of social service experience.
Other Position Responsibilities and Description:
- Assists in the development of Food Programs and/or Programs & Services procedures;
- Meets directly with clients to collect and verify required documentation;
- Processes Food Pantry request for assistance via client database;
- Determines eligibility and educates participants on the use of Food Programs, and other Caring Place programs as appropriate;
- Provides additional information and referrals as appropriate;
- Creates and maintains client files and other related records;
- Inputs data of client information into empowOR (client tracking software);
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and database systems;
- Ability to be creative, flexible and decisive;
What’s in it for you?
- Non-Exempt, Full-time work with a starting pay range of $14-$14.50 an hour, D.O.E.
- Work hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with potential Saturday hours in the future;
- Training opportunities related to this position;
- Health benefits;
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays;
- Retirement savings program with a workplace match.
If you are interested in this position, we encourage you to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you would be a good addition to our team! Our HR manager will send you an application or answer any questions you might have. If you are excited about working with this mission-driven organization, we can’t wait to meet you!