NO FRESH FOOD FOR FAMILY EVENTS ON MONDAYS IN JANUARY
Food Program Details
- Due to COVID-19, Food Programs are temporarily taking on a different look, please keep reading to learn more.
- If you have questions about HOPE or other Food Program questions, please call us at 512-943-0700.
- All other program updates can be found at caringplacetx.org/covid19.
The Caring Place Food Pantry
The drive through Food Pantry is open to neighbors in need. If you have questions about services or eligibility at The Caring Place, please call 512-943-0700
- Drive through food distribution is on Tuesday and Thursday from 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. in the 2000 Railroad Avenue drive through.
- If you walk to The Caring Place, you may receive food at our north gate at the rear of building.
- We do ask some some eligibility questions verbally in line.
- The Caring Place practices social distancing, and you should not need to exit your vehicle during food distribution.
Food Programs in the Bartlett Area:
2nd Wednesday of the month 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church at 645 West Clark St.
Fresh Food For Families
Central Texas Food Bank (CTFB) in Austin provides fresh fruits and vegetables which are distributed by The Caring Place.
- Area families are invited to access this program on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Monday of the month beginning at 9:00 a.m. and ending at 9:45 a.m.
- Food is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Check our website calendar or Facebook for changes due to holidays or closures.
- The distribution is a drive-through on the south entrance at 2000 Railroad Avenue.
- The variety of fruit and produce varies.
HOPE (Healthy Option Program for the Elderly)
Through our partnership with Central Texas Food Bank (CTFB) in Austin, this program provides a food order once per month to individuals age 55 and over at no cost. Please call 512-943-0700 for participation information.
- You do not have to be a client of The Caring Place to participate in HOPE, but a separate HOPE application is required to be renewed annually.
- Proof of age and income is required.
- Delivery is available for those who are homebound.
The HOPE program provides nutritious, supplemental non-perishable groceries.
Foodie Friday at Scurlock Farms
The Caring Place offers quality and healthy foods to neighbors in need and everyone should have access to easy and healthy ideas. We all also love showcasing the items our team procures for the Food Pantry. A lot of thought goes into selecting diverse items that families can enjoy and will healthfully fill their families. Thanks to Scurlock Farms for sharing your cooking skills with our community!