Triage Coordinator (Full-Time)
The Caring Place has an immediate opening for a Triage Coordinator in our Program & Services department. The Triage Coordinator is responsible for providing services both directly and through the oversight of volunteers to individuals and families experiencing financial crisis. This position is responsible for actively serving in and overseeing volunteers fulfilling the Greeter, Triage, Intake and Quality Assurance roles. The position ensures all volunteers meet organizational standards and interact with clients in a welcoming, respectful and caring manner. The Triage Coordinator is responsible for oversight of and training on the client database, empowOR. This position provides support in other Programs and Services areas as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively serves in and oversees volunteers fulfilling Greeter, Triage, Intake and Quality Assurance roles.
- Monitors processes to ensure efficient client service flow and operations, from initial contact with the Greeter to conclusion of visit.
- Oversees and provides training on all databases, including client services program, empowOR.
- Ensures client wait time is minimal and clients are provided same day service, if possible.
- Provides support and guidance to all volunteers.
- Ensures inactive files are purged and stored at the end of each calendar year.
- Maintains the lobby area in a welcoming, organized manner.
- Provides input on operational procedures and forms for processing client assistance.
- Ensures timely communication and updates to other staff and volunteers
- Manage multiple, complex, multi-faceted responsibilities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Maintains a full understanding of systems and procedures required for a department’s operations.
- Maintains and reports statistics as requested by the Programs and Services Director.
- Participates and contributes actively in regular supervisory and staff and departmental meetings.
- Supports seasonal programs service delivery.
Candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent. The person will have a minimum of two years of social services experience working directly with individuals, preferably from diverse populations. The candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication abilities, and computer skills with expertise in MS Excel, Word, Outlook. Fluency in Spanish preferred.
This position is classified as non-exempt under the Federal Wage and Hour Laws. It is a full - time, 40 hour per week position. The work schedule involves rotating every other week with the support coordinator to provide coverage for Thursday evening hours.
To apply for this position, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO phone calls, please. The Caring Place is an equal opportunity employer.