Driver/Inventory Associate (Part-Time)
The Caring Place has an immediate opening for a part-time driver/inventory associate at Second Helping on 3700 Williams Drive. The position is responsible for helping to select inventory for transport from store to store. The driver/inventory associate will drive the agency delivery truck to deliver sales inventory. Will rearrange merchandise/furniture in the store. Will load purchased merchandise into customer vehicles as needed or requested. Maintains a neat and orderly inventory storage warehouse and will sort, price, stock and merchandise inventory.
The preferred candidate has the following education, experience, and expertise:
• Valid driver’s license and a clear driving record is required
• Professional work experience with inventory handling
• High school diploma
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Effective resolution skills by diffusing conflict
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with staff of varying disciplines
Work Conditions: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
• Exhibit positive and calm demeanor at all times
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time
• Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
• Ability to periodically climb and stand on a ladder
• Ability to lift up to 100 lbs with assistance is required
• Ability to work in and be exposed to various temperature shifts and conditions
• Availability to work flexible hours, including Saturdays
This position is classified as non-exempt under the Federal Wage and Hour Laws. This is a part- time position of 20 -25 hours a week. Starting pay is $12 an hour.
To apply for this position, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. NO phone calls, please. The Caring Place is an equal opportunity employer.