The Caring Place in Georgetown, Texas and its partner agencies, invite the community to learn about services available in The Caring Place Annex, 2001 Railroad Ave., on Thursday, October 6, 2016, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Free to the public, attendees will have the opportunity to speak directly with representatives from several partner agencies that specialize in meeting human needs.
Recognizing the opportunity to help families beyond their basic human needs, in 2013 The Caring Place expanded to an Annex building across the street from its main location and added services available to all clients through its partner organizations. “This is a great opportunity for us to offer services not provided by The Caring Place,” said Ginna O’Connor, Executive Director.
Nonprofit partners of The Caring Place and the services they provide, include:
• Samaritan Center, offering individual and family counseling, play therapy, integrative medicine, and military informed care for veterans and their families.
• STARRY, another mental health provider, offers individual and family counseling.
• United Way of Williamson County, through its VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) program, offers IRS-certified volunteers who provide tax return preparation for free, as well as monthly Budgeting and Debt Management workshops.
• Opportunities for Williamson & Burnet Counties provides utility assistance, classes and budget counseling.
• Goodwill Industries offers job readiness and placement assistance.
• Central Texas Food Bank provides application assistance for SNAP and food stamps.
• Lone Star Circle of Care provides help with applying for Medicaid, CHIP, SNAP, Medicare savings, the Marketplace, and sliding scale services.
• Williamson County and Cities Health District provides assistance with applying for SNAP, TANF and medical aid.
• The Georgetown Project provides parenting education and English as a second language classes.
• Habitat for Humanity provides information about their home building program.
For further information about the open house or partner services, please contact Kerstin Cochran, Resource Coordinator at The Caring Place, 512-943-0700.