Mark lost his job 2 days before Thanksgiving. On top of that, his truck broke down resulting in a $600 utility bill. "Things went left instead of right," Mark said. "My neighbor told me about The Caring Place. They helped me with my rent and gave me groceries. The Caring Place got me back on my feet."
Life can sometimes throw us a curveball which affects our ability to feed our families. But The Caring Place is here to help. If you live in our service area and need supplemental groceries, please come in during our office hours. For individuals and families needing food only, NO DOCUMENTATION IS REQUIRED.
The Caring Place Food Pantry
This assistance is available to individuals and families with a crisis-related need. Qualifying families may receive a seven day emergency food order, consisting of about 30 pounds of food per person in the household, and valued at approximately $40 per person.
- Qualifying families can receive one food order each 30 days with documentation of continued crisis.
- The pantry hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm. No entry after 3:30 p.m.
Our Daily Bread
Day-old pastries and bread are donated daily from HEB and delivered to The Caring Place by our dedicated volunteers.
- One bread item and one pastry item are available to a family each day.
- This is a community program and you do not have to be a qualified to receive bakery items.
- Items are available on a first come-first served basis beginning each day at 9 a.m.
Fresh Food For Families
Through our partnership with the Capital Area Food Bank (CAFB) in Austin, fresh fruits and vegetables are provided to The Caring Place at no cost.
- Distribution to area families are on the 1st, 3rd and 5thMondays of the month.
- This is a community program and you do not have to be a qualified to receive fresh items.
- The distribution is a drive-through and begins at 9:00 a.m.
- The variety of fruit and produce varies with season and availability.
HOPE (Healthy Option Program for the Elderly)
Through our partnership with the Capital Area Food Bank (CAFB) in Austin, this program provides a food order once per month to individuals age 55 and over at no cost.
- You do not have to be a Caring Place client to participate in HOPE but a separate HOPE application is required to be renewed annually.
- No appointment is needed.
- Proof of age and income is required.
- Delivery is available for those who are homebound.
- The distribution is provided on the 2nd Tuesday at The Caring Place from 9 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
HOPE bags are nutritional, supplemental non-perishable groceries for seniors.